Levels of Being Endangered:
- Arkive: Resources on endangered animals
- World Wildlife Fund: Endangered Animals
- A-Z Animals: Endangered Animals Info and by picture
- PBS LearningMedia Board on “Endangered Animals” by Mrs. La Mar- watch the videos and respond
- National Aquarium page on the nautilus
- Save the Nautilus: by the authors of our Time for Kids article
- Scientific American Magazine: Should We Stop Selling the Nautilus?
- New York Times: Loving the Chambered Nautilus to Death
- Take Part: Two Sixth Graders Spearhead Saving the Nautilus
OCEANS AT RISK
- Jungle Journey with Nature! The Virtual Rainforest 1A
- DK Rainforest image– single page with clickable animals
- Mr. Nusbaum’s Rainforest Exploration
- PBS LearningMedia page with Rainforest links for our class.
- PBS Animal Hospital Jungle–
Springfield Zoo: If Springfield was to have a zoo, they would need careful planning for each animal exhibit. You are designing the information board that is in front of the animal exhibit as well as a proposal for what is necessary in each animal’s enclosure. The enclosure needs to mimic the natural habitat as closely as possible.
Your job is to conduct research on an animal. Your project must include the following info:
- Food: What foods are required for your animal?
- Explain what human actions have caused this animal to be ‘listed’.
- Explain the food web in which this animal is/was involved.
- Explain the habitat and geographic location of this species.
Animal fact resources:
- San Diego Zoo “Zoo Animals A-Z” page
- The Oregon Zoo in Portland-animal page
- The National Zoo in Washington, D.C.
PBS Learning Media Links:
- Mrs. La Mar’s first project page at PBS LearningMedia: Animal Project
- Log in to create your own account for class. Mrs. L will walk you through it. Links is on our ONLINE ACCOUNTS page.
- ENDANGERED ANIMALS– PBS LearningMedia resource
Turtle Conservancy –> Satellite tracking of sea turtles
- “Our Endangered World” Types of endangered animals– pick a grouping and then look for a specific animal
- Wikipedia list of animals by their endangered status
- WWF LIST OF ANIMALS for the research project
- Plastic Pollution and animals
- Kids Planet-
- The Animal Files- endangered animals
- Animal Fact Guide for Kids
- National Geographic– animal facts: SCROLL down to get to mammals
- AtoZ Animals: