Khan Academy: Video Lessons and Interactive Practice
- VIDEO lesson #1: Coordinate Plane– graphing points-
- PRACTICE interactive 1: Coordinate plane practice – watch out- it asks for a x-axis point or y-axis point ONLY…
- PRACTICE interactive 2: place Y coordinates ONLY (these 3 activities can be done by just following to the next activity on Khan Academy)
- PRACTICE interactive 3: identify points only
- PRACTICE 4 Review!!: read down the page, look at the examples, and then answer each question.
- VIDEO lesson #2: Word Problems on the Coordinate Grid- working with points on a map, figuring out distance between points.
- PRACTICE interactive #2: – word problems- place points on a map grid.
Game-based Lessons: I can read a coordinate pair and place it exactly on the coordinate plane/grid.
- Ladybug Coordinates– move the ladybug to the correct location when given the coordinates, focuses on over and up (Quadrant I only)
- Catch the Fly– practice WRITING coordinate in ALL 4 quadrants (6th grade standard, not 5th)
- Gopher Game– University of New Mexico’s Math Snacks. (6th grade standard with all 4 quadrants)
- Stock the Shelves– Mr. Nussbaum’s game using ALL 4 coordinates. This is a drag-and-drop game
- Greg’s Grid Lesson–
- Coord Grid– many choices
- Dinosaur Dig– can you find the buried dinosaurs?
- Fun Brain “What’s the Point” – level 1
- Math PUP- Flying Saucer – find the missing bones
- Boat Coordinates– pick the ‘1 quadrant level’-
- Whale’s Adventure- stay a step ahead of the whale to get it to safety
- BILLY BUG– Get the frog to the bug
Challenging Level Games- Using all 4 quadrants (6th grade standard)
- Catch the Fly on the Quadrant grid– GREAT but CHALLENGING
- LEARN: Graphing Points on the Quadrant (negative and positive points)- locate the pig. (CHALLENGING)
- Jefferson Labs: Looking for the Top Quark– quadrant grid (CHALLENGING)
- Math Snacks: Gopher Game- VERY CHALLENGING- quadrant grid
- Battleship with Quarks– Jeffereson Labs
Meerkats- for meerkat coordinate grid lesson: