- Video: Add decimals video #1– line up by the decimal- LOG IN on the site once you get there.
- Video: Add decimals video #2- more practice focusing on lining up the decimal point BEFORE adding or subtracting.
- Video: Adding larger numbers with decimals #3– working with larger numbers…
- CHALLENGE #1- log in to earn badge points- adding decimals.
- CHALLENGE #2: earn badge points by adding larger decimal numbers.
DECIMALS & Percentages. LEARN THROUGH VIDEOS
- COMPARE: How Does Zero Effect a Decimal Number? 5.NBT.A.3A LZ3778
- COMPARE: Compare Decimals Using Base-10 Blocks 5.NBT.A.3A LZ3779
- COMPARE: Compare Decimals Using a Number Line: 5.NBT.A.3A LZ3780
- COMPARE: Compare Decimals By Using Fractions: 5.NBT.A.3b LZ562
- COMPARE: Compare Decimals with a Number Line: 5.NBT.A.3b LZ563
- COMPARE: Compare Decimals by Using Base-10 Blocks: 5.NBT.A.3b LZ564
- EXPANDED NOTATION: Write Decimals with Expanded Notation: 5.NBT.A.3A LZ3285
- READ/WRITE: Write Decimals to the Thousandth’s Place: 5.NBT.A.3A LZ427
- READ/WRITE: Name a Decimal to the Thousandth’s Place: 5.NBT.A.3A LZ428
- READ/WRITE: Write Decimals in Expanded Notation: 5.NBT.A.3A LZ429
- READ/WRITE: ID Equivalent Decimals in tenths and hundredths: 5.NBT.A.3A LZ430
Notice the place value to the thousandth’s place.
- Place Value Scooter Game– this focuses on DECIMAL place value
- DECIMALS- GATE Game- Math Snacks
Numbers on the Number Line- decimals
- Number Line Decimal Drop to the TENths...
- Number Line DECIMAL Drop-the the HUNDREDths. Choose “easy or hard’- from the UK Site TesiBoard
- Decimals on a number line– drag the arrow and figure out the number on the number line. ****
Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- FunBrain Adding/subtracting with decimals Football Math– click on your choice (+, -, X, /) and play
- Place Value Millionaires Game-
- Place Value HOCKEY- pick level 2 or 3, and the word “Place value”
- Saxon Math- place the decimals in order from least to greatest- This is hard, so read the numbers carefully
- Place Value Strategy- similar to our card game, except you can’t ‘toss out’ a number
- Saxon Math- place decimals, level 2
- Place Value SLIDER
- Decimals of the Caribbean Sea– pick
- UK MATH FRAMES– multiplying and dividing by powers of 10
NCTM- Calculator Nation- a collection of games to play. Please see my list of games we are working with.