The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are almost here. Thus, I am organizing links to help me out as we dive in to the deep end of CCSS in the 2012-13 school year.
CCSS Math Resources:
- BY STATE
- Arizona- Progressions Documents for the Common Core Math Standards:
- CCSS website at ODE
- ccssm4(PDF) -Oregon CCSS Math for 4th grade
- Colorado resource for 4th grade teachers: CCSS math – INQUIRY-based questions or each standard
- ccsse4 (PDF)_ Oregon CCSS Language Arts for 4th grade
- Minnesota STEM CCSS math resources for 4th grade: look at the examples, misconceptions, etc.
- Kansas Math Teachers(click CCSS tab at top)- GREAT flipbooks, etc
- North Carolina “Unpacked” CCSS
- Utah State Office of Education Common Core Curriculum Guides
- The Math Common Core Toolbox
- “Inside Math” Common Core resources by grade level!!!!
- Vertical Integration “Progression” checklist- downloads as a pdf with color-coded progressions (If the download does not work, go to this link and on look at the lower left side of the page for ‘checklist’
- MASTERY CONNECT– somehow I keep coming back to this site. It has shared CCSS standards specific assessments. I don’t have to invent my own AND I can do this paperless or with paper. I can even scan in the answers immediately with my cam or doc-cam. It is fast and has tons of data for those willing to pay for it. Check it out!- There is a free sections where you can share in a PLC and share common assessments AND there is a pay-for-use section that streamlines all assessments, data and RTI.
- Kidspiration resources for modeling
- Inside Mathematics- 4th grade resource
- K-5 CC Math Teaching Resource
- Illustrative Math (many clicks to get to the illustrations)
- Granite School District CC Math vocabulary resources THIS IS A HUGE RESOURCE- read the directions on how the vocab cards work. This is a great resource.
- Utah’s Jordan School District- Set of Posters about CC Math thinking- powerful
- Mr.Maffesoli’s website of CCSS 4th grade standards and matching online learning
- Youtube Playlist Options
Great CCSS Math resource websites curated by other people
- Michelle Flaming– click on her MATH resources- wow
- TED – Dan Meyer– math needs a makeover- watch and contemplate. Check out his BLOG
Mastery Measurement (how do we know if students are at a mastery level?
Upcoming NCLB Assessment (replacing OAKS)- “SMARTER” test
By 4th grade standard:
- Definition of patterns– very basic- by MathisFun.com
- Algebraic Rules and patterns– some of the pattern info is mixed together
- NZ support page for patterns and algebra