Why are so many things made out of plastic?
- BBC Solids and Liquids– interactive VIRTUAL experiments
- Glass Melts – video about melting glass to create new shapes and purposes
- Glass Melts #2 from Mystery Science Lab activity
- Very Hot Glass– from Mystery Science Lab activity
- Metal Melts– Mystery Science video about melting aluminum cans
- How It’s Made: Plastic Bags
- How It’s Made: Plastic Bottles and Jars
- How It’s Made: Legos
BBC CHanging Circuits– electricity can be so shocking
- BBC List of Living Things Activities
- Food Chain Tutorial– designed for Irish Students so there are accents!
- Planet Earth at BBC
Buoyancy: Why do boats float? Why did the Titanic sink?
- BBC Floating interactive
- PBS floating experiment
- Scholastic’s “Why Do Boats Float” Article (pdf)
- Boat Safe’s explanation with nice diagrams
- Whyzz Kids: Why Do Boats Float?
Why do boats float?
- Reflecting with mirrors (choose ‘full screen’)
- Gases Around Us-BBC
- Changing States of MATTER-BBC
- Solids & Liquids- BBC
- Solids, Liquids & Gasses bitesize BBC
- Food Chains & Web- Interdependence -BBC
- Food Chain- bitsize BBC (video & interactive)
- Life cycles (label plant parts, etc) -BBC
- Microorganisms BBC
- Forces in Action-BBC
- Friction– BBC
- Sun, Earth & the Moon
- Changing Circuits
- Circuits & Conductors -BBC