Reading a ruler:
- “The Ruler Game” US measurements- be careful and CHOOSE the increment you want FIRST, then click play!
- “The METRIC Ruler Game”– metric- be careful
- Fun Brain: pick US Standard Measurement first, then try METRIC.
- HOW TO read a ruler– a mini-tutorial.
- SHEPPARD’S software- list of measurement games. Look to see which game is assigned.
- Which Measure is Best? Sheppard Software game.
MathsFrame.co.uk games—> Use our school login: rvb (password is on the wall)
- !! Reading Scales word Problems- On MathsFrames.uk — login is RVB, password is on wall
- !!! Reading Scales -game 2–
- !!!Convert between GRAMS and KILOGRAMS
- Converting TIME by using a timetable
Which countries uses the METRIC system?
Khan Academy Lessons on Measurement
- Video Lesson 1: Converting Unit Measures- Minutes to Hours
- Video Lesson 2: Metric Distances (centimeters, meters, decameters- convert measurements to the same units)
- Video Lesson 3: Metric conversion of centimeters to meters
- Interactive Practice A: Convert Metric Units practice
- Interactive Page B– Metric Units of Mass review (shows paperclips, etc)
- Video Lesson 4: Converting US Volume Measurement (gallons, quarts, cups)
- Video Lesson 5: Adding US Volume Measurements (fluid oz measure weight)
- Video Lesson 6: Same Length, Different Units-(inches, feet, and yards)
- Interactive Practice B: Practice converting US measurements
- Video Lesson 7: Sorting US units vs. metric units, then if measuring length, volume, or weight.
- Video Lesson 8: Word Problems- converting units of time in a word problem
: Mr. Peters’ Flipping 5th Grade Math videos on SafeYouTube.net
- Flipped Learning Video 1: Data in a Line Plot (data on a number line)
- Flipped Learning Video 2: Mean, Median, and Mode
- Flipped Learning Video 13.1: The Customary System (US Customary)
- Flipped Learning Video 13.2: The Metric System
Khan Academy Lessons on Data
- Video Lesson 1: Line Plot Distribution: trail mix
- Interactive Practice A: Interpret Dot Plots with Fraction Operations