ORDER OF OPERATIONS:
- Watch the VIDEO: How do parentheses change the solution to an equation?
- Then PRACTICE: parentheses practice 1
- Next watch the VIDEO: translating expressions to equations:
- Then PRACTICE: translating expressions to equations
- CHALLENGE PRACTICE: translating larger problems to equations
- LZ: Add parentheses to make this equation true: LZ Quick code 3XV648B
- LearnZillion Video: Parentheses Mean “Do This FIRST” (5.OA.1)
- LearnZillion Video: Add Parentheses to Make Equations Easier to Solve (5.OA.1)
- LearnZillion Video 3: Change Parentheses to Change the Expression (5.OA.1)
- LearnZillion Video 4: Make an Expression True by Adding Parentheses Correctly(5.OA.1) <Also involves “guess & check” problem-solving strategy for trying the different parentheses locations>
- LearnZillion Video 5: Write an Equations with Parentheses to Show a Real Life Problem (5.OA.1)
- B: LZ Video: Determine if Parentheses Changes the Value of an Expression (5.OA.1) Example: 2 + 3 x 6= ? vs. (2 + 3 ) x 6= ??
- LearnAlberta: Click on the “Do This First” Click on the correct operation – PEMDAS order
- SoftSchool’s Order of Operations Game– click on the correct operation.
- Lucky Drops– help Lucky collect his gold.
- Mange High- Order of Ops Blaster
MORE CHALLENGING GAMES
Mr. Nussbaum‘s ROYAL CASTLE RESCUE game- Order of Operations. This needs SCRATCH paper and very careful reading of the directions.
- DIFFICULT LEVEL –> SHADOR: Order of Operations “Connect 4” game- 2 players, or 1 person plays both roles.