Perimeter and Area
- Scholastic– fill in the rectangle with the pentominoes
- Pick an ANIMAL, then place the pentominoes
- TeacherLed- ‘whiteboard’ pentominoes
- Wales Gov’t Pentominoes series of lessons-
- Perimeter & Area game– watch the mini tutorial first
LearnZillion & Other Resources:
- LZ: Use models to find the area of a rectangle (Area model)
- LZ: Use the standard formula to find the area of a rectangle. (A=L x W)
- LZ: Find the MISSING SIDE LENGTHS for a rectangle. (A= Length x Width)
- LZ: Find the Perimeter of a polygon (the basics)
- LZ: Perimeter strategy focus: add the lengths of the sides
- LZ: Perimeter in a real world problem
- LZ: Find Perimeter when side lengths are missing.
- LZ: Find the perimeter of a shape that has more than 4 sides
- LZ: Use a CHART to compare the same perimeter but different areas
- LZ: Use a CHART to compare the same AREA but different perimeters
- LZ: Find the missing side length by using the FORMULA for perimeter.
- Area Shapes Shoot Game– Sheppard Software Site
- PERIMETER shoot game- Sheppard Software Site
- Birmingham Perimeter and Area – follow the directions, watch the quick tutorial, and try to solve the problems.
- FUNBRAIN- area and perimeter picker game. Stay on this GAME ONLY. NO traveling to other games in Funbrain.
- CYBERCHASE– build a ship with perimeter and area. PBS Kids
- SHODOR Perimeter and Area Finder. This can get complicated, so read the directions carefully!
- Funbrain perimeter and area game- STAY on this link!
- DESIGN a PLAYground– You are given the area and perimeter of several objects to place in the party grid. You adjust the size and location of the objects by dragging the corners.
- Math Playground – Finding the Area and Perimeter of Rectangles– This game features cartoon characters named Amy and Ben who discuss how to build a fence in the backyard
- Baseball Geometry: CHALLENGING LEVEL: Various rectangles are displayed and students must choose the correct area. They are given 3 ball to hit for each correct answer.