Learn about “Coding”, or the ability to write and edit computer code.
Our class login for Code.org – (Sign in with your GOOGLE link)
Hour of Coding Links:
- CODE- Hour of Code Dance Party 2019
- CODE- Hour of Code- Scratch Programming “SCRATCH Tales”
- Google Hour of Code- program a Google Logo using SCRATCH (MIT’s programming app for everyone) Student SURVEY for when done with the lesson.
- Code.org —> Sign in with your GOOGLE account
- Lightbot 2015- Coding with procedures (sequence of directions) and loops (repeating of procedures) – Light-bot is also an iPad app
- Hour of Code- Minecraft
- Hour of Code– Star Wars
- TYNKER- Hour of Code learning activities- program monsters for battle, race cars, etc
- KHAN Academy- Learn to code Java Script- log in with your SPS Google account to earn badge points!
- …Dash and Dot- from a Chromebook
- Coding.org “Frozen” “hour of coding” challenge (included rotating in a certain number of degrees). This introduces “loops” in lesson #4,
- Coding.org “dog and cat talking PLAY LAB”-drag-and-drop programming to make animals have a conversation
- Coding.org “Artist” drag=and-drop programming for making drawings. This includes turning at specific angles.
- The FOOS– programming for younger students. (CHOOSE COMPUTER version, there is also a free app)
- Code MONKEY– pretty basic, not using images but using coding language.– You can SAVE your progress by using your classroom GOOGLE account.
- Tyker Game Design– Create a Card, Puppy Adventures, Arcade Shoot, Candy Quest, and more!
- FLAPPY BIRD: Learn how to make a bird fly and earn points. Focuses on “event handlers”
More Advanced Coding
- Bits Bot- game design (computer access only) – ADVANCED
- Make Games with Us (computer access only)- ADVANCED
- Robo-Mind Programming– uses coding (ADVANCED)
Entire Courses Available for free
- Coding.org 20 hour “Computer Science” Coding series of lessons.
Learn about “C0ding”, or the ability to write and edit computer code.
What is the “Hour of Coding”? BASIC RESOURCES
- Hour of Coding main page with information for educators and parents
- How to RUN an “Hour of Code” video
- Hour of Code- resources with videos, etc
- “Hour of Code” Event Resources