Number Sense: Multiplying & Dividing Fractions:
This is the “Super Packet” of practice problems that cover all the targets of Bits & Pieces II: The “Super Packet” of Practice Problems w/Keys
1. Target: I can use models (area, number line) to understand multiplication of fractions.
LZ Divide a fraction by a whole number 5.NF.B.7a
LZ Solve Problems involving division of unit fractions by whole numbers 5.NF.B.7c
LZ130 Draw Pictures for division of unit fractions 5.NF.B.7a (a container of fluid divided up)
LZ134: Solve division of fractions by using inverse function: 5.NF.B.7b
LZ1040 Divide a WHOLE number by a fraction by using a model 5.NF.B.7b
LZ1042 Divide a WHOLE number by a fraction using the multiplicative inverse. 5.NF.B.7b (uses an APPLE)
RCMS video: Multiply Fractions by Whole Numbers
RCMS video: Multiplying Fractions by Fractions
RCMS video: Multiplying Fractions by Mixed Numbers
PRACTICE PROBLEMS: Multiplying Fractions
2. Target: I can understand that multiplying fractions by whole numbers results in a greater product.
3. Target: I can understand that multiplying fractions by fractions results in a smaller product.
4. Target: I can fluently multiply fractions.
5. Target: I can solve problems multiplying proper fractions and mixed numbers.
6. Target: I can use a model to divide fractions.
7. Target: I can efficiently divide fractions.
LearnZillion: Understand reciprocals by thinking about inverse relationship between multiplication and division
RCMS video:Divide Fractions Using an Algorithm
RCMS video: Divide Fractions by Finding LCD
8. Target: I can create a story problem involving division of a fraction and a whole number or a involving division of two fractions.
PRACTICE PROBLEMS: Creating Fraction Division Story Problems
9. Target: I can solve real world problems involving division of fractions.
LearnZillion: Solve word problems involving division of whole numbers by fractions using picture models