NewsELA: Link for our classroom
Lesson #16: Lunch Money
- GAMES for Vocabulary Practice
- Lunch Money Lesson #1- read aloud as part of a lesson
- Lunch Money– Lesson #2- read aloud as part of the 2nd part of a lesson.Draw inferences from a character’s thoughts, dialogues, and actions.
- Lunch Money- Lesson #3– Describe a character’s personality using evidence from the text.
- Kids Make Comics-faces: Video 1
- Kids Make Comics-Where do ideas come from: Video 2
- Kids Make Comics- Make Word Balloons– Video 3
- Kids Make Comics: Big, Bold Lettering– Video 4
- Jim Davis of Garfield- visit his studio
- Kazu Kibuishi- view his studio (Amulet author)
- Kazu Kibuishi- 5 interview questions answered
- HOW IT’S MADE: books
- Color-vs- black & white artwork, how does color help us interpret an image?
- Johnny and Jon Adams picture– B/W vs. Color
- Crossword Puzzle for vocabulary in Dangerous Crossing
- Hangman for vocabulary in Dangerous Crossing
Reading Informational Texts:
Reading for Information
- LearnZillion- “Backpedaling in Bicycle History”- lesson set. (use Bicycle printout available on page)
|Reading Books Online– “You Would Not Want to Be…” series. List of 4 books available online.||.|
Phonics Games– Click and go to your grade level.
Find all the different dinosaurs using dictionary.
Turn a polluted pond into a paradise by building complete sentences.